Here are ten verses that are good for every parent or teacher to familiarize themselves with. They answer a lot of questions kids have about life and the Bible.
1. What does the Bible say about lying?
Ephesians 4:25 – Therefore, having put away falsehood, let each one of you speak the truth with his neighbor, for we are members one of another.
2. What does the Bible say about stealing?
Ephesians 4:28 – Let the thief no longer steal, but rather let him labor, doing honest work with his own hands, so that he may have something to share with anyone in need.
3. What does the Bible say about obedience?
Ephesians 6:1 – Children, obey your parents in the Lord, for this is right.
4. What the Bible say about honoring our parents?
Ephesians 6:2 – “Honor your father and mother” (this is the first commandment with a promise),
5.What does the Bible say about being selfish?
Philippians 2:4 – Let each of you look not only to his own interests, but also to the interests of others.
6. Does the Bible say anything about getting along with my brothers and sisters?
I Peter 3:8 – Finally, all of you, have unity of mind, sympathy, brotherly love, a tender heart, and a humble mind.
7. What does the Bible say about complaining?
Philippians 2:14 – Do all things without grumbling or disputing,
Philippians 4:4 – Rejoice in the Lord always; again I will say, rejoice.
8. What does the Bible say about bad language?
Colossians 4:6 – Let your speech always be gracious, seasoned with salt, so that you may know how you ought to answer each person.
9. What does the Bible say about kindness to others?
Ephesians 4:32 – Be kind to one another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, as God in Christ forgave you.
10. What does the Bible say about kindness to animals?
Proverbs 12:10 – Whoever is righteous has regard for the life of his beast,
but the mercy of the wicked is cruel.