If you know me at all, you know how much I like taking pictures. Photography is an activity that calms me as few other activities do.
Which got me thinking about Bible photography … OK, seriously I know we won’t have digital cameras in heaven (though maybe – who knows?) But the Bible has a different kind of picture.
Here are 10 word pictures from God’s Word. How many others can you think of? (You can find plenty.
But think of these ten and what they are describing.
1. Psalm 23:1 – The Lord is our Shepherd (think of a picture of a shepherd and sheep).
2. Psalm 119:105 – God’s Word is a lamp to light the path of life. (Aren’t we glad we have that lamp … and the path.)
3, Jeremiah 23:29 – God’s Word is like a fire and a hammer. (Think of the power behind that description,)
4. Matthew 9:38 – People are a harvest that we need to sow (tell them about Christ).
5. John 10:6 – Christ is the door – the ONLY way to heaven,
6. Romans 12:20 – we are to heap coals of fire on our enemy’s head. (Show him our kindness,)
7. Ephesians 5:8 – Christ is the light. Without Him we have darkness.
8. Hebrews 4:12 – God’s Word is a sword (a piece of the armor of God).
9. Hebrews 5:12-14 – Milk – the easily digestible spiritual food of the new Christian.
10. Hebrews 10:19 – an anchor for our souls – the security we have in Christ.
And now your turn – which ones can you think of?