Is your family or is one of your kids going through a tough time right now? Or maybe YOU are the one going through a tough time. For the past couple months, I have started each day (or most days) with a verse of encouragement. I put the verse on my Instagram page. (ppw940 – if you’d like to follow me on Instagram) along with one of the pictures I’ve taken. Friends and family have also contributed verses. As adults, we think about treasuring thoughts from God’s Word, but kids don’t always know how to find the verses, or even know that the verses are there.
The next time your child is going through something tough (or even when they aren’t facing a tough situation), why not start each day with an encouraging verse? You could write (or have him/her write) out the verse and stick it in their pocket for them to remember throughout the day.
Although the verses on my Instagram account come from several books of the Bible, many are from Psalms. I have chosen 11 verses that are encouraging and also have good imagery.
* Psalm 18:33 — He made my feet like the feet of the deer and set me secure on the heights.
* Psalm 20:7 — Some trust in chariots and some in horses, but we trust in the name of the LORD, our God.
* Psalm 25:4 — Make me to know Your ways, O LORD, teach me Your paths.
* Psalm 34:8 — Oh, taste and see that the LORD is good! Blessed is the man who takes refuge in Him.
* Psalm 36:9 — For with You is the fountain of light; in Your light do we see light.
* Psalm 62:2 — He alone is my rock and my salvation, my fortress; I shall not be greatly shaken.
* Psalm 63:7 — For You have been my help, and in the shadow of Your wings will I sing for joy.
* Psalm 74:15 — Yours is the day; yours also the night; you have established the heavenly lights and the sun.
* Psalm 93:4 — Mightier from the thunders of many waters, mightier than the waves of the sea, the LORD on high is mighty!
* Psalm 121: 1 — I lift up my eyes to the hills. From where does my help come?
* Psalm 139:12 — Even the darkness is not dark to You; the light is as bright as day, for darkness is as light with You.