Fall is here – finally.
Did you know the Bible talks about harvest time?
Here are some autumn verses to discuss with your kids.
First – how about an entire book of the Bible? Ruth and Naomi arrived back in Bethlehem at the time of the barley harvest. Study their story together as a family.
1. So Naomi returned, and Ruth the Moabite her daughter-in-law with her, who returned from the country of Moab. And they came to Bethlehem at the beginning of barley harvest. (Ruth 1:22)
2. While the earth remains, seedtime and harvest, cold and heat, summer and winter, day and night, shall not cease. (Genesis 2:22) – a promise from God.
3. He is like a tree planted by streams of water that yields its fruit in its season, and its leaf does not wither. In all that he does, he prospers. (Psalm 1:3) The harvest of the fruit …
4. He made the moon to mark the seasons; the sun knows its time for setting. (Psalm 104:19)
5. She prepares her bread in summer and gathers her food in harvest. (Proverbs 6:8) No, this isn’t talking about the virtuous woman – but about an ant.
6. He who gathers in summer is a prudent son, but he who sleeps in harvest is a son who brings shame. (Proverb 10:5) Talking about the lazy gardener!
7. The sluggard does not plow in the autumn; he will seek at harvest and have nothing. (Proverbs 20:4) More lazy gardeners!
8. Like snow in summer or rain in harvest, so honor is not fitting for a fool. (Proverbs 26:1)
9. Then He said to His disciples, “The harvest is plentiful, but the laborers are few. (Matthew 9:37) One of the most familiar harvest passages – the harvest of people needing to respond to the Lord.